The VisionWest Education and Training Centre team is currently looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual who is willing to become part of a dynamic team working with young people to provide them with a comprehensive Building and Construction Youth Guarantee programme.
This amazing individual will need to have the capacity to teach basic NCEA Level 1 & 2 carpentry skills, literacy and numeracy, life skills. You will need to be able to engage effectively and constructively with the students, their whānau and any other key stakeholders. Essential to this role is the ability to problem solve, think on your feet and adapt to situations as they arise. As part of the position you will also contribute to the promotion of the course, networking and attracting enrolments.
The successful applicant will have:
• A relevant tertiary qualification or adult educator certificate or similar
• Experience working with at risk youth, Maori and Pasifika students
• Experience working in an integrated social/“second chance” educational environment
• Experience working with groups of students with different ages and stages of learning
• Experience working with high needs students
• Experience in tutoring carpentry
• Building and construction experience and/or evidence of other experience in this field that enables you to tutor basic skills
• A commitment to delivering quality education and outcomes for our youth
• The ability to maintain boundaries with a calm demeanour
VisionWest Community Trust is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation with faith-based roots, that provides a range of services to communities in Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Christchurch.
A commitment to the mission and values of VisionWest Community Trust is essential for this position, see www.VisionWest.org.nz