About this role - Mō tēnei tūranga mahi Care Managers are involved with training support workers and assessing clients in their homes using interRAI and other computer-based tools to determine their needs. The Care Manager is responsible for:
- Acts as an expert clinical resource using advanced assessment skills and appropriate assessment tool to plan and oversee support within a multidisciplinary team.
- Where Support Workers are involved with the Administration of medication, the Registered Nurse is accountable for directing and delegating to ensure appropriate and safe administration.
- Provide comprehensive assessment with the consumer in collaboration with family/whanau and other primary health providers.
- Develops individual service plans in collaboration with consumer, family, whanau, utilising a determined tool.
- Coordinate clinical requirements including clients' reviews, skill mix and competencies for Support Workers to ensure they are fully prepared and supported to deliver services.
- Maintaining key relationships with stakeholders; Clients, families/ whanau and relevant agencies.
- Delivering services aligned with contractual obligations and Organisation's Policies and Procedures.
- Undertaking administration tasks associated with the role.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to and understanding of the Organisation's Health and Safety Management System.
- Upholding Visionwest Community Trust’s Mission and Christian ethos.
- Participate in own ongoing education and professional development.
- Registered Health Professional (Such as a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist).
- Current annual practicing certificate with the relevant regulatory body.
- Current Drivers licence (Full Licence Class 1).
- Knowledge of working with older people and/ or those with disabilities in the community.
- Understanding of relevant Health & Safety and Employment legislation and is able to apply the requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team building skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Competent in working with a Human Services Databases and is competent to an intermediate level with Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of local area.
- Understanding of the social model of service delivery in a community care environment.
- Working knowledge of the Health & Disability Sector Standards and working with robust quality systems.
- A knowledge of interRAI would be an advantage but training will be provided
Visionwest Community Trust is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation with faith-led roots, that provides a range of social services to communities in Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Christchurch. Our lived values are:
Manaakitanga (Holistic Care)
Whanaungatanga (Authentic Relationships)
A commitment to the vision, mission and values of Visionwest Community Trust is essential for this position, see www.VisionWest.org.nz/about-usIf this role appeals to you, then please apply now!Applicants for this position must be eligible to work in NZ