This is a new role - make the portfolio your own
About the Role
To be the point of contact, SME and provide specialised Human Resource Information System (HRIS) knowledge, utilization, training and support to the People and Culture team, people leaders and other employees of the Trust.
- Contribute to the outcomes for the People and Culture team, working collaboratively, contributing to process and workflow improvements and capacity building.
The role will be reporting to the Head of People & Culture.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Provide specialised HRIS support and advice ensuring full system utilization, developing solutions to varied and complex problems – advising, analyzing, developing, influencing and training.
- Work alongside the Application Support Analyst to ensure the successful implementation of application upgrades, as well as provide training and technical support.
- Optimize HRIS processes, integrate new software from a user perspective, and if required, perform diagnostic tests.
- Work with vendors who ‘plug into ‘the HRIS to maximise effectiveness of end-to-end processes.
- Ensure the efficient recording and secure storage of HR metrics.
- Perform audits on P&C processes and documents, including hiring, termination of service, and payroll administration, when required.
- Ensuring quality of P&C data.
- Document P&C processes, identify concerns and work with the Insights and Analytics team manage people related reporting and analytics.
- Keep track of technological advancements and trends in the field of HRIS.
- Carry out HRIS Subject Matter Expert (SME) tasks, and other general tasks from time to time, as directed by the Head of People and Culture, that contribute to the team meeting its outcomes.
- Ensure tasks assigned are carried out effectively, efficiently and timely.
- Work within stipulated parameters and budgets.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and capacity building within the team, including proposing new and innovative ways to improve outcomes.
- Provide support for plans and proposals for new projects as requested by the Head of People and Culture.
- Provide accurate, reliable and timely reporting as requested by the Head of People and Culture.
- Proven experience as an HRIS Analyst or a similar role.
- Ability to collaborate, provide technical support, and train staff.
- Experience in analyzing HRIS and HR performance metrics.
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in HRIS Analysis.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an HRIS Analyst.
- Senior level advisor – providing specialised technical service, developing solutions to varied and complex problems.
- Experience in documenting processes, auditing and reporting.
- Analytical and creative reasoning to explore alternative options and formulate solutions.
- Sound understanding of practices, techniques, concepts and theoretical principles.
- Work under general direction with considerable latitude in determining own objectives and approaches to work assignments
- Appropriate qualification and or sector experience
- Appropriate Systems or Business process management experience.
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
Visionwest is changing the way we work - come be a part of this exciting journey!