To work directly with whanau of Visionwest Community Trust Housing and its multiple housing programmes. To care for whanau in housing need and to enable and provide client access to relevant services. To empower whanau to live independently with an enhanced sense of wellbeing in all areas of their lives.
You will also:
- Be part of a triage team offering specialist insight in Mental Health and/or Alcohol and Drug Complexities
- Provide mentoring to Support Navigators of Visionwest regarding complex issues
- Develop care plans together with Support Navigators to provide additional support to clients
- Participate in quality initiatives, process improvement initiatives, applying best practice
You will need:
- Registration with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board or a recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- A relevant tertiary qualification with either Drug & Alcohol Practitioners’ Association Aotearoa – NZ (DAPA ANZ) or equivalent professional registration
- Experience working with those who have experienced abuse and trauma
- Clinical experience working in the area of AOD or Mental Health
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a bi-cultural context and acknowledge the Treaty of Waitangi in practice
You will receive:
- If you live in West Auckland, the opportunity of working closer to home
- Sick leave entitlement of 10 days
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- The chance to further your social work experience within a large organisation of over 1500 employees
- The opportunity to be part of the solution to the housing crisis in NZ
VisionWest Community Trust is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation with faith-based roots, that provides a range of services to communities in Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Christchurch.
Manaakitanga (Holistic Care)
Whanaungatanga (Authentic Relationships)
A commitment to the vision, mission and values of VisionWest Community Trust is essential for this position, see www.VisionWest.org.nz/about-us
If this role appeals to you, then please apply now!