We are in the process of developing a new model of supporting people based on relationships and values. We are seeking enthusiastic and proactive people to support a lady who is non-verbal and has epilepsy. She resides on the North Shore.
This is more than a position; you will be playing a very important role in this lady’s life to help her make the most of her life and enjoy it to the fullest.
Successful candidates will have:
- A kind and caring nature and be able to think on their feet.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Enjoy working as part of a dynamic team.
- The ability to work in a complex and changing environment in the ladies’ home.
- A friendly, respectful manner with good written and oral communication skills and a gentle approach.
- Be responsible, reliable, and possess great organisational skills·
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and a common-sense approach to the role.
- A moderate level of fitness.
- A full, clean, and valid driver’s license.
- You must have the right to work in New Zealand and you will be required to undergo police vetting to be considered for this position.
- You will be part of a team working rostered shifts between 8.00 am to 4.00 pm (day shift) and 4.00 pm to 8.00 am (night shift), across a 7 days per week roster. The successful candidates must be willing to work weekends and public holidays
- Be able to travel to and from Unsworth Heights to carry out your shift
- Have great communication skills and be willing to learn how to communicate effectively with this young woman
- First aid certificate (not essential - will receive training if you do not have a Certificate)
- Competitive salary - $60,000 per annum and overtime should it apply
- Team based structure and an inclusive culture
- Ongoing training and development
- Ability to gain NZQA qualifications in health and wellbeing
Why work for Visionwest Home Healthcare?
Visionwest Home Healthcare offers its staff excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive environment and all the benefits of working for a well-established, caring organisation. We also provide support for you to achieve Certificates in Health and Wellbeing (NZQA qualifications), which are fully funded.
Visionwest Home Healthcare has been providing quality in-home Healthcare services since 1991.Initially serving the West Auckland region, in 2016, Visionwest Home Healthcare purchased The Salvation Army’s Homecare division expanding its reach throughout West Auckland, the North Shore and North Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty and the Rotorua Lakes district